CLICK HERE FOR CBHS JROTC QUIZLET
CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR CADET KNOWLEDGE!!!
Department of the Army
Cocoa Beach JR/SR High School
1500 Minuteman Causeway
Cocoa Beach FL. 32931
2 August 2019
JROTC General Cadet Knowledge
1. Recite the Cadet Creed.
I am an Army Junior ROTC Cadet. I will always conduct myself to bring credit to my family, country, school and the Corps of Cadets.
I am loyal and patriotic. I am the future of the United States of America.
I do not lie, cheat or steal and will always be accountable for my actions and deeds.
I will always practice good citizenship and patriotism.
I will work hard to improve my mind and strengthen my body.
I will seek the mantle of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and the American way of life.
May God grant me the strength to always live by this creed.
2. What is the mission of JROTC?
Sir, the mission of JROTC is to motivate young people to become better citizens.
3. What name is given to the first 10 constitutional amendments?
Sir, the first 10 amendments are the Bill of Rights.
4. Cadet Rank Structure:
What rank is a Cadet with ___________?
Three Diamonds - - Colonel
Two Diamonds-- Lieutenant Colonel
One Diamond -- Major
Three Disks -- Captain
Two Disks-- First Lieutenant
One Disk-- Second Lieutenant
Three Stripes Up/three down a star and a wreath -- Command Sergeant Major
Three Stripes Up/three down and a star- - Sergeant Major
Three Stripes Up/three down and a diamond -- First Sergeant
Three Stripes Up/three down -- Master Sergeant
Three Stripes Up/two down -- Sergeant First Class
Three Stripes Up/one down -- Staff Sergeant
Three Stripes -- Sergeant
Two Stripes -- Corporal
One Stripe Up/one down -- Private First Class
One Stripe Up – Private
5. Chain of Command:
Commander-in-Chief -President Donald J. Trump
Secretary of Defense- Honorable Dr. Mark Esper
Secretary of the Army- Pending Approval
Chief of Staff of the Army- Gen. James C. McConville
CG, TRADOC- General Paul E. Funk II
CG, Cadet Command- Major General John R. Evans, Jr
Commander, Sixth Brigade- Colonel Joseph Vongs
SAI –Lieutenant Colonel James DesJardin
AI - First Sergeant Kevin Staddie
Cadet Chain Command:
Bn Commander CBHS- C/LTC Allure Adams
Bn XO - C/MAJ Ethan Goswick
BN CSM C/ CSM Abigail Agundez
Bn S-1 - C/2LT Alex Adams and Tyler Bazemore
Bn S-2 - C/2LT Geanna Perez-Ortiz and Geo Miller- Alexander
Bn S-3 - C/2LT Nate Rooney
Bn S-4 - Anthoney Power and Julia Jansen
Bn S-5’s –Kaitlyn Mason and Kyle Callaway
Bn S-6 C Thomas Flynn and Brianna Leyte- Videl
6. What is the grade of a cadet with two silver discs on each shoulder?
Sir, the grade of a cadet with two silver discs on each shoulder is Cadet First Lieutenant.
7. A cadet that has a diamond in the center of his/her chevrons has obtained what rank?
Sir, a cadet that has a diamond in the center of his/her chevrons has obtained the rank of Cadet
8. What title is given to the cadet leader in charge of the company?
Sir, the leader in charge of a company is a company commander
9. When you salute during the playing of “The Star Spangled Banner”, what are you saluting?
Sir, when you salute during the playing of “The Star Spangled Banner”, you are saluting the nation.
10. What does the position of honor dictate?
Sir, the position of honor dictates that persons of lower rank walk to the left of those of higher rank.
11. How do you show respect for the National Anthem when out of doors in uniform?
Sir, you show respect for the National Anthem by facing the flag or music and saluting.
12. You normally fall-in and start drill from what position?
Sir, you start drill from the position of attention.
13. What is the length of a step during drill?
Sir, a step in drill is 30 inches.
14. When talking to an officer, how should you address him/her to show the proper military courtesy?
Sir, when talking to an officer you should address him/her as Sir or Ma’am.
15. The command HALT can be given on what foot?
Sir, Halt may be given as either foot strikes the ground.
16. How many steps per minute are required for double time?
Sir, double time requires 180 steps per minute.
17. Blood that is bright red in color and shooting out in spurts is an indication of what type of bleeding? Sir, bright red, spurting blood indicates arterial bleeding.
18. What is artificial respiration used for?
Sir, artificial respiration is used to restore breathing to an accident victim.
19. What are the life-saving steps in their correct sequence?
Sir, the life-saving steps are: clear the airway, stop the bleeding, control shock, dress the wound.
20. How do you clear the airway of a conscious victim?
Sir, you clear the airway of a conscious victim by using the Heimlich Maneuver
21. What does CPR stand for?
Sir, CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
22. Before you can start mouth-to-mouth resuscitation you should...
Sir, before you can start mouth-to-mouth resuscitation you must be sure the airway is cleared.
23. What are the two common types of fractures?
Sir, the two common types of fractures are open and closed.
24. What are the five basic map colors?
Sir, the 5 basic map colors are: red, black, blue, green, brown.
25. Who is the person in charge of your JROTC program?
Sir, the Senior Army Instructor is LTC (R ) DesJardin
26. What is the rank of a cadet with one silver disk on each shoulder?
Sir, the rank of a cadet with one silver disk on each shoulder is Cadet Second Lieutenant.
27. What is the proper length of a half-step?
Sir, the length of a half-step is 15 inches.
28. What does the color blue represent on a map?
Sir, the color blue represents water.
29. What does the color green represent on a map?
Sir, the color green represents vegetation.
30. What does the color brown represent on a map?
Sir, the color brown represents elevation.
31. What does the color red represent on a map?
Sir, the color red represents major roads & highways.
32. What does the color black represent on a map?
Sir, the color black represents man-made objects and some roads.
33. What are the Staff Positions Responsibilities?
Bn XO - manages and supervises staff
Bn S-1 - records and administration
Bn S-2 - security of Arms Room and computers and safety
Bn S-3 - training/demerits/merits
Bn S-4 - supply
Bn S-5 - public information and community relations
Bn S-6 - Computers and technology
Bn CSM – Drill and Discipline
34. After being in JROTC for 3 years you may enter the service with what enlisted rank?
Sir, the enlisted rank is Private -E-2.
35. What is the correct name for the JROTC torch?
Sir, the correct name for the JROTC torch is The Corps Insignia.
36. What do the colors of the flag mean?
Sir, the white-purity; red-hardiness and valor; blue-vigilance, perseverance and justice.
37. What is the name of the military organization used to make up the platoon?
Sir, the name of the military organization used to make up the platoon is squad.
38. Define leadership.
Sir, the definition of leadership is the ability to influence others to follow.
39. Who was the first commander general of the Continental Army?
Sir, the first commanding general of the Continental Army was General George Washington.
40. What do the letters SAI stand for?
Sir, the letters SAI stand for Senior Army Instructor.
41. What is an azimuth?
Sir, the azimuth is a horizontal clockwise angle measured from a known reference point.
42. How old must you be to enroll in JROTC?
Sir, you must be at least 14 years old to enroll in JROTC.
43. What is meant by the flag being positioned at half-staff?
Sir, the flag being positioned at half-staff is a sign of national mourning
44. What document gives you your freedoms?
Sir, the Bill of Rights gives us our freedoms.
45. What are the two parts of an oral drill command?
Sir, the two parts of an oral drill command are preparatory command and command of execution.
46. You may talk while you are in what drill position?
Sir, you may talk while you are at rest
47. What is the rule for reading a set of coordinates?
Sir, the rule for reading a set of coordinates is to read right first, then up.
48. If you had a question on drill and ceremony, what book would you use to find the answer?
Sir, use the FM 3-22-.5 to answer a question on drill & ceremony.
49. The difference between a back azimuth and a forward azimuth is how many degrees?
Sir, the difference is 180 degrees.
50. How many norths are indicated on a military map?
Sir, three north directions are indicated: grid north, magnetic north, true north.
51. How many degrees are in a circle?
Sir, 360 degrees are in a circle.
52. What agency is available to your governor in case of disaster or a civil disturbance?
Sir the National Guard is available to your governor in case of disaster or a civil disturbance.
53. What are the Army values?
Sir, the Army values are honor, courage, loyalty, duty, service, integrity, respect.
54. What is “LET”?
Sir, “LET” stands for Leadership, Education, and Training.
55. What are the 4 “Winning Colors”?
Sir, the 4 “Winning Colors” are:
Brown - Builder
Blue - Relater
Green - Planner
Red - Adventurer
56. What is the key to success of JROTC?
Sir, the key to success in JROTC is teamwork.